Rhonda Anderson

Default The worst food you´ve ever eaten

Nancy Young > wrote in
:

> Rhonda Anderson wrote:
>>
>> "Aussie Lurker" > wrote in

>> > Over here or "Down Under" ketchup is called tomato sauce.

>> They're basically the same thing, but you can actually purchase Heinz
>> Ketchup here (not that I do!) and I believe it tastes a little
>> different to Heinz Tomato Sauce.

> Seems funny to me that Hunt's/Heinz would make two different products
> named tomato sauce for different markets, but that's just me. Can you
> tell me how the (ketchup) tomato sauce is packaged?

Yep - in a bottle - same as a "ketchup" bottle. You can see the products
here -

http://www.heinz.com.au/html/product...&categoryID=14

Heinz say the ketchup is a bit spicier than the sauce, and has more
tomato solids. The Big Red sauce is the sort of tomato sauce
traditionally used here. I don't remember the ketchup being available
when I was growing up - I think it's a relatively recent addition to the
shelf. I've never bought the ketchup - if I was making something from an
American recipe that called for ketchup I'd just use tomato sauce - and
in fact I don't buy Heinz Tomato Sauce either (sorry Stan!).

It may well depend on what's on special, but I'm most likely to either
buy Fountain or Rosella brand tomato sauces.

Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia