Vox Humana

"Dog3" > wrote in message
1...
..php3?tip_AttractionNo
> > ==989

> YES! Olentangy River Road is where it was located. Thank you for the
> memory jog. The food there was excellent. A strip mall? STRIP MALL! What

an
> abomination. I went to a lot of restaurants in Worthington but do not
> remember names of restaurants. I do not think I visited any one restaurant
> in Worthington more than one time. Not that food/service was bad in any

of
> them, but there were too many to choose from I almost moved to
> Worthington. There is an area with the most charming attached homes.
> Wainscoating, chair rails, hardwood floors, fireplace, garage, crown
> molding and built in book cases. I gave the real estate agent the check
> only to find out 2 hours later the place was already taken. I was ****ed.

Worthington is a gem, especially the old part near High Street and
Dublin-Granville Road. I lived in a wonderful townhouse in Worthington for
a while until the complex was sold off as condos. Unfortunately, most of
the restaurants were chain operations when I lived in the area. Morse Road
and SR 161 were lined with them. Now the action has moved to the north and
north-east. A giant mall, Polaris, was built north of Worthington. And
Easton, the megaplex developed by Wexner adjacent to his Limited Stores
empire, is a hot spot.
http://www.eastontowncenter.com/

The only place that I fondly remember in Worthington was Umberto's Cafe
Dolce. They had great gelato and a cakes. Interestingly, Donatos Pizza
also started in Worthington and was baught by McDonalds. They sold off the
pizza business more than a year ago.

> I just can not remember the name or street. The escargot was fantastic. I
> do not recognize any of those restaurants.

All the Short North stuff is fairly new - Rigsby's being one of the oldest,
was only open a couple years before I moved to Cinci. I just can't remember
anything near campus that would have had escargot. There was a small place
operated by Lisa Gallette (sp?) that served French food, but I can't recall
the name. It was in a Victorian house south of campus. There was also a
place called Coco's in Grandview Heights with a French menu.

> Gawd, did you visit any of the festivals? The tomato festival in
> Reynoldsburg was interesting. I met David Selby (Dark Shadows/Falconcrest
> fame) at the festival. My friend, Alissa Schottenstein and I went and she
> is friends with the Selby's. The Selbys were in Colombus to buy a horse
> from a famous horse farm in Colombus. Can't recall the name of it. The

wife
> complained numerous times there was no SAKs in Columbus. Well, Lazarus was
> where I shopped. Still have my credit card and get a catalog now and then.

Never went to many festivals. Unfortunately I dragged my parents to
Circleville for the pumpkin festival once when they visited. Let's just say
the place seemed to have a very small gene pool. The food - horrendous. I
can still remember getting some god awful "hobo" sandwich that tasted like
dog food. We didn't stay long. My partner worked for the Yakins who I
believe had ties to the Schottenstien family. Everyone who came into the
store wanted a discount because they knew the Yankins or Schottensteins!
Federated is ditching the Lazarus brand. It is now called Lazarus-Macy's
and some stores with newly installed signs simply say "Macy's" I loved
shopping at the downtown Lazarus store. When I was a student I would take
the bus from campus downtown to Lazarus and spend several hours "window
shopping" the massive store. Now much of the charm is gone. There is a
Marshall Field's across the street along with a Henry Bendel and Jacobson's.
In the suburbs, you can now find Nordstrom's.