Vox Humana

"Dog3" > wrote in message
1...

> I practically lived at the Kahiki on Broadway. I was there so often,mostly
> in the bar, (Kay and Michael were the bartenders then) management issued

me
> my own personal credit card.

Oh yes, the Kahiki. It was THE place to go in the 1970s. I only went there
once, for lunch, after I had a bilateral mandibular block so eating was an
adventure even without the tiki torches and simulated thunder storms.
Unfortunately, it closed and was demolished about 5 years ago.
http://www.ohiopreservation.org/Kahiki.htm
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tips/...ractionNo==989

> I have been to the Jai Lai. I do not remember where it is located.

The Jai Lai was located on Olentangy River Road just southwest of campus -
between 5th. and King as I recall. It had an old club feeling with the
Spanish baroque interior and was a favorite hangout for the likes of Woody
Hayes. The menu had classic dishes like prime rib and chateaubriand. I
loved their Napoleons. Like the Kahiki, it was demolished a few years ago
and replaced with a strip mall.

> That's too bad about M&E's. I really enjoyed the place. What was the place
> named that was just a few blocks from OSU? It had a terrific patio almost
> on the street on a main street. I would love to dine out there in the
> spring and summer. I did not sit too close to the street as students would
> drive by and throw 1/2 full beer cans at the diners Bad, bad children.

> got to Cleveland and Pittsburg often. I did not spend a lot of time in
> Cincinatti. Cincinatti was a bit too stuffy and repressed for me.

I'm not sure about the place south of campus. Maybe you are thinking about
Rigsby's in the Short North.
http://www.theshortnorth.com/Restaurants.htm

I grew up near Pittsburgh and get back there at least once a year, sometimes
more if I can arrange some continuing ed at Pitt. It's a wonderful town.
My sister lives east of Cleveland. I don't care much for Cleveland.