Jeanne Burton

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 22:32:20 -0000, Ruddell
> wrote:

>I keep seeing these commercials on cable tv but we don't have Boston
>Market in Saskatchewan. They look sort of like Swiss Chalet but
>different of course.
>
>Anyone got a rating on BM?

I've never been to Swiss Chalet because they don't have them here, but
we have a Boston Market on every corner, it seems.

I think they're quite expensive for quasi-fast food. Average plate
(entree, 2 sides of your choice) is around $8 US. Their new thing is
that they'll deliver "for free". Every item on their delivery menu is
$2 more than in the store. Not a great "free service".

That said, their food is OK, and they have more vegetable sides, etc
than the typical quick-food joint. My daughter is quite partial to
their garlic-dill new potatoes, and I know several people who adore
their creamed spinach.

One last thing...my sister "interviewed" with them for a management
position, which involves working in their kitchen without pay for 6
hours. She said every one of their so-called fresh side dishes comes
pre-frozen in bags, shipped from a central commissary. Nothing is
prepared fresh on-site.

Jeanne