Vox Humana

"Ruddell" > wrote in message

> I keep seeing these commercials on cable tv but we don't have Boston
> Market in Saskatchewan. They look sort of like Swiss Chalet but
> different of course.
>
> Anyone got a rating on BM?

Boston Market is owned by McDonald's Corp. They serve homey food with an
emphasis on their side dishes. They sort of crashed and burned here In
Cincinnati. I know of only one location that remains open. Like many
restaurants, they started out with a good idea - offering an alternative to
burgers and pizza. At first the places were clean and well maintained and
the food was OK - not as good as you would make at home, but OK. All of a
sudden they seems to hit the skids. The stores were dirty and often they
would be out of food long before they closed. Shortly after that, most of
them closed.

By the way, I remember a Swiss Chalet restaurant that operated in Columbus,
Ohio back in the late 70's or early 80's. I sort of liked their chicken but
the menu was very limited. As I recall, they had chicken and the meals were
served in disposable aluminum take-out pans. That restaurant only lasted
about two years.