Ginny Sher

snip recipe

>If anyone else has something similar, but a different variation of this,
>bring it on! Thanks, Mr. B.
>
>kili

I made this dipping sauce last weekend for a dinner party. It was to
accompany a Thai BBQ chicken dish, both recipes coming from Cook's
Illustrated. Although the dipping sauce was great, the chicken turned
out to be only average and required a great deal of work to prepare
the rub. Here's the dipping sauce recipe:

1 tsp red pepper flakes
3 small garlic cloves, minced (1 1/2 tsp)
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup juice from 2-3 limes (more like 5-6)
2 TBSP fish sauce
1/3 cup sugar

Whisk ingredients until sugar dissolves. Let stand 1 hour to meld
flavors. I strained the sauce after a few hours and then added some
cilantro as a garnish because some of my guests don't have a high heat
tolerance for spicy foods.

Ginny