"Mike Rinken" <mwrinken at gmail dot com> wrote in message
news:2ccc8$421239a6$41a9ca42$19894@allthenewsgroup s.com...
> Thank god!!!! My 8 year old POS FINALLY died a slow and tragic death so I
> convinced the wife that a new grill was a mandatory purchase. I got
> roughly $400 to spend on a new one so of course I went out and spent $475

on
> a Genesis Silver B. I got it from a seller on Ebay and it's the one with
> the solid shelf on the bottom and extra tables on the right and left side.
> I LOVE it but I have one question. This one came with stainless steel

racks
> and plates on the bottom. Granted I'll use em until they wear out and

then
> replace them, but are the porcelain ones better? When I do eventually
> replace them, I have that option and was wondering what the consensus of

the
> group was.
>
> TIA!
>
> Mike in Colorado

I bought a Genesis Silver C last year ( same as you have with the addition
of a side burner ). I got it at Home Depot and it came with Cast Iron
grates - which I like a lot. I haven't seen them around as replacement
parts, but they should last a long time.