HUTCHNDI

I just wanted to ask anyone giving the advice that the tiles would not make
that much of a difference, how long has it been since you baked on a cookie
sheet? Thats what I had been doing until now.

My first loaves just came out of the oven, and the difference from my
earlier breads can best be described as the difference between frisbees and
footballs. And these contained (a 1 cup total mix) whole wheat, flax, and
spelt to boot. I have never made a loaf that had risen like these before,
so I am putting my 2 cents forward as saying yes, they work.

Granted, I also made some major changes in my recipe after watching that
artisan bread dvd, mostly concerning less flour (alot, at least a cup and a
half less in my 2 loaf recipe), kneading and stretch and fold technique.

The only possible drawback, if this is one, is that now the loaves come out
a bit blackened on the bottom, but I can certainly live with that concerning
the benifits I am getting.

Hutchndi