Charles Perry

Will wrote:

> ...If I was gearing up, however neither camera or commercial oven would be
> at the top of the list. These days I want a small lab water bath and a
> hot/cold retarding box...

Now, I don't want to denigrate anyones lust for toys, In fact I
share some curiosity about the effects of temperature on the
bread process, but temperature controlled water baths are
certainly not necessary. Unless, of course, you wish to enter
the kingdom of the Rye Purist and worship at the altar of
Detmold.

A nice mixing bowl and a sturdy spoon are all that is necessary
for ordinary sourdough bread. OK, I am aware that you can mix
the dough by bare hand directly on the counter or bread board,
but the use of a bowl and spoon won't get me into the extravagant
class in todays environment.

> ... One of my neighbors is getting a
> good sized Kamado cooker. It's a commercial adaptation of the old
> Korean and Japanese ceramic "egg" shaped stoves.

Do these work outside or are they inside the house ovens? I
really need a brick oven, but I don't have room. So far I have
been unable to find a volunteer to host site a neighborhood oven.

Regards,

Charles

--
Charles Perry