I didn't like meat. After my second year of college I had my first
apartment and discovered that the meat I had purchased out of habit sat
in the freezer all summer. I was eating eggs, cheese, veggies- and
one day I decided to do it "right". I was vegetarian for 14 years,
until I was pregnant with my daughter and I craved meat, so I ate it.
My younger daughter wants to be vegetarian but LOVES meat but I've
been offering more vegetarian food lately- I would rather not eat meat,
but my household does. Frankly, cooking it is uninspiring and I just
don't like it much.

Kate, mom to Ursula (10), Sage (7.5) and Benno (4!)
http://systems.cs.colorado.edu/~koli...f-formula.html

Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows
with the ability to say no to oneself. ~Rabbi Abraham Heschel

Looking for a thinking moms list? see
<http://listserv.uts.edu.au/mailman/listinfo/parent-l>