Cwdjrx _

Burgundy probably will offer the most choices. If you can find a copy of
"The Vine", January 2004, Clive Coates tasted a huge number of red
Burgundy wines from 2002. He also has a list of the ones he considers
best as well as individual tasting notes. The best wines seem to need
until about 2010-2011 to be fully ready, and many should hold many more
years. It probably is not a year for keeping for many decades.

Coates' list of top wines is too long for me to repeat here, and I have
no idea how much you would be willing to spend. I will mention just a
few. Nuits-Saint-Georges Pruliers, Vaucrains or Les Saint-Georges from
Henri Gouges; Vosne-Romanee Suchots from Robert Arnoux, Sylvain
Cathiard, Jean Grivot, or Jadot; Gevrey-Chambertin Clos Saint-Jacques
from Sylvie Esmonin, Fourrier, Jadot, or Armand Rousseau. If you are
willing to pay considerably more, some choices a Grands-Eschezeaux
from Rene Engel, Gros Frere & Soeur, Dominique Laurent or Nicolas Potel;
Clos deTart; Richebourg from Etienne Grivot, Anne Gros, Gros Frere &
Soeur, Alain Hudelot-Noellat, or Meo-Camuzet.

My mailbox is always full to avoid spam. To contact me, erase
from my email address. Then add . I do not
check this box every day, so post if you need a quick response.