George Shirley

cuatiklad wrote:
> … Well, thanks.
> I went to this page:
> http://www.gopresto.com/products/parts.php
> That I guess is what is referred as presto on line.
> If I specify the canner I’m looking parts for, I see presto offers parts
> for up to 23 quart canners. Mine, that haven’t arrived jet, is 24 Quarts.
> Any ideas for a boy who barely knows about pc’s?
> Other thing… even if they have a 24, how would I know if the ring matches?
> What I’m I looking for?
> Will any presto gauge do the job?

For the gasket, you ask them by email if they can match yours. You will
need the diameter of the open circle, the thickness of the gasket, and
the width of the actual gasket. If they don't have it you can take it to
a gasket shop and they will cut you one. Ask your nearest automotive
dealer for a gasket shop in your community.

As for the gauge, if the thread size and diameter is the same as yours
any PC gauge will do the job. Alternatively you can look on a Google
Search. Be aware that calibrated NEW gauges are about $35.00. Your
county agricultural agent can often recommend someone to do it for you.
If you're in an industrial area look in the yellow pages for an
"Instrument repair shop." Many of them are set up to test and calibrate
gauges of all kinds.

Yeah, if it's not reading somewhere close to what you're shooting for
you should have it calibrated. Just to be on the safe side I have my
calibrated prior to using it for the first time each year.

> Finally, , thanks god there is a forum like this where I know I will have
> somewhere to run. Now I now why people where bidding more on some 1920
> pc’s than others… the brand!!!
>
> About the gauge calibration, who does these things?...
> Is there a way to know if mine is going nuts? I mean, I have a little pc I
> use regulary for canning, I would notes something if the thing is suppose
> to mark 15 and its marking 5… wouldn’t I…?

George