Well, I was proven correct. This group does contain a great deal of
arrogance, a kind of stupid elitism about some construct of 'longer'
rising. In the brief period I've been on this group. I have receive
more MIS-information than anything else. I'm glad you all have found a
drawn out way of making bread. I was simply offended at the put downs
about the "fast way" of bread making, my preference. But the truth is
if you actually kneaded the bread correctly and appropriately, the
bread has a delicious and wonderful flavor. Yeast metabolize at an
OPTIMAL temperature of 85 degrees, ~90 percent humidity and it digests
SUGAR, either sugars contained in the flour mix or sugars you add to
the water to 'prime' it. It really doesn't matter how fast the dough
rises so long as there is adaquate gluten derived from the kneading
process and it doubles in size at least once.

The shame is instead of trying to discuss an issue and LEARN a more
natural technique, albeit a more involved method, you criticized it and
me; not a very friendly group, not really about "baking" is it. Also
Dee, please do not disrespect me, "Aaron" is my name not some abstract
reference. BTW, I've only made the 'nasty' bread when its been too
cold for the dough to properly double and apparently have gotten
impatient, should have stuck it in the fridge.