John D. Misrahi

Default recipe for mixed frozen seafood

Richard Periut wrote in message >...
>John D. Misrahi wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> i have some bags of mixed , frozen seafood. I think it contains shrimp,
>> squid, mussells, and I can't remember what else. Can anyone give me some
>> suggestions for a good main dish to make using this stuff?
>>
>> I have made some stir frys and things, but I am looking for something
>> different.

Well, I came up with something. I defrosted the frozen seafood under cold
water in the sink (it also included clams and octopus).

I boiled egg noodles, and sauteed some onions and garlic in a frying pan.
Added the seafood to the onions and garlic, along with some canned crab
meat, lemon juice, bit of white wine, dill, pepper, salt , etc..

I drained the noodles, then mixed them with some mayonaise and a can of
cream of mushroom soup. Added some bread crumbs as well, and some grated
mozzarella and cheddar cheese (trying to use up odds and ends aroudn the
kitchen).

I combined the noodle mix and the seafood mix in a ceramic casserole dish.
Sprinkled a layer of crumbled cornflakes cereal on top (I don't know why,
just seemed like a good idea at the time, as i had no crackers to use
etc..).

I think it would have been fantastic with scallops, if i had some..

Baked for 30min @ 350F

turned out pretty decent, if I do say so myself (Which I do)

-John-