Vox Humana

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> carbuff wrote:
>
> Now that shocks me. My radiant elements are hot, *now*. Not as fast as
> gas but not too danged far behind either! I'm talking seriously hot
> seriously fast. Now, cooling down is a totally different issue. Only way
> to stop the heat transfer immediately it to slide the pot/pan to a
> different area of the cooktop but that's trivial.

That was what I found surprising about my mother's KitchenAid ceramic
cooktop. I guess that the older models where notoriously slow to heat and
not very robust. Her newer ceramic cooktop is nearly as responsive as my
gas range. She has one halogen burner that is instant. I wouldn't have
considered a ceramic cooktop due to their bad reputation, but after using
one, I had to change my mind. As I said, the only thing I would avoid is
the white-on-white version due to the high maintenance but that goes for gas
also.