Dave Smith

Default recipe for mixed frozen seafood

"John D. Misrahi" wrote:

> Hi all,
> i have some bags of mixed , frozen seafood. I think it contains shrimp,=

> squid, mussells, and I can't remember what else. Can anyone give me som=

> suggestions for a good main dish to make using this stuff?
>
> I have made some stir frys and things, but I am looking for something
> different.
>
> Spicy is good,

I can thing of two things I might do with it. The first would be to heat =
up
some olive oil, toss in some finely chopped garlic and very finely choppe=
or grated ginger root. When it is cooked throw in some chicken broth, soy=
sauce and hosein sauce, thicken with water and corn starch. Then throw in=

some cooked pasta, spaghettini or angel hair. Some small pieces of chick=
en
would be good in there too.

The other thing That I would consider would be to poach it, remove the
seafood, reduce the broth and use it in a B=E9chamel sauce. You can then =
use
that served on shells with grated cheese and bread crumbs and broil them,=
or
you could use it in a souffl=E9.