Dimiri

Default recipe for mixed frozen seafood

"John D. Misrahi" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
> i have some bags of mixed , frozen seafood. I think it contains shrimp,
> squid, mussells, and I can't remember what else. Can anyone give me some
> suggestions for a good main dish to make using this stuff?
>
> I have made some stir frys and things, but I am looking for something
> different.
>
> Spicy is good,
>
> thanks,
>
> John

See below - this is about as good as any - serve with crusty warm French
bread (to soak up the sauce)

;-)

Dimitri

Cioppino

1 lb. fresh or frozen fish fillets
1/2 lg. green pepper, cut into 1/2 inch squares
2 tbsp. onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp. cooking oil
1 (16 oz.) can tomatoes, cut up
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1/2 c. dry white or red wine
3 tbsp. snipped parsley
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
1/4 tsp. dried basil, crushed
Dash of pepper
1 (12 oz.) pkg. frozen or fresh shrimp, cleaned
1 (7 oz.) can minced clams
Add other fish if you like such as crab

Cut fillets into one inch pieces; set aside. In a 3 quart saucepan. Cook
green pepper, onion and garlic in hot oil until onion is tender, not brown.
Add undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine, parsley, salt, oregano, basil
and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover; simmer 20 minutes. Add
fish piece - shrimp, crab and undrained clams. Bring just to boiling.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until fish and shrimp are
done. Serves 6.