Frogleg

Default recipe for mixed frozen seafood

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 13:02:17 -0800, "John D. Misrahi"
> wrote:

(Frogleg wrote)

>>Frozen, mixed sounds like a pasta sauce or casserole to me. Or
>>possibly bait.

>A casserole sounds like a good idea. Recipes?

You've embarrassed me. I haven't dealt with "mixed, frozen seafood"
personally. A Google on

"seafood casserole" recipe

turns up a number of rather similar possibilities. "Newburg" is
another search term with many results. As for "spicy", I add chile
flakes to a *lot* of recipes. I don't think ginger, one of my
alternate favorites, would be very happy in one of these combinations.

My post was in response to the suggestion of cioppino, which is, in my
experience, a combination of very fresh seafood (fish, crab, shrimp,
clams or mussels) in a tomato-based sauce. "Lazy" style has all these
de-shelled; the original is a sort of entertainment in eating, where
in-shell seafood is presented as challenge to the diner.

Also sorry for the 'bait' comment. When I saw someone buying squid at
a local (down-scale) grocery store, I inquired about a recipe.
Received the answer "Bait."