Scented Nectar

> > That shows how personal ethics are. The
> > people you used as examples have different
> > ethics. I'm sure though, that in at least some
> > cases they know what they're doing is wrong.

> You have a small amount of leeway in what you consider ethical within

the
> generally accepted standard. The idea that ethics is a personal thing

is
> just plain WRONG.

So, you think it's unethical for people to hold
their own ethics?

> > > Which means that ethics are created by consensus and we learn to

> > follow
> > > them, we don't make them up.

> > Laws are often based on a consensus
> > of people who agree on an ethical point.

> That's right, that agreement has developed over centuries of social
> evolution, not simply "made up" by any given indivdual.

Ethics does not equal laws, although for most
people they frequently overlap for the most part.

> I never claimed that my goal was to "stop animal suffering", vegans

however
> DO make that claim, and the "fringe meat"/cd argument demonstrates

that they
> do not actually follow this purported principle.

They'd be better off going for the fringe vegan
foods. Perhaps a group renting a farmhouse
or something, if they don't have land. Not eating
fringe meats.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/