Damsel in dis Dress

On 4 Feb 2005 00:37:08 GMT, Thelma Lubkin >
wrote:

> 2.6 is a misprint: 4.0 is approximately equivalent to an
> *average*--not fasting, blood glucose reading of 65. 2.6
> and you'd be fighting for your life.

When I went to the ER last week for pneumonia, there was a woman who
sounded like she was dying. Then she got really quiet. The doctor talked
at length with the husband, explaining that his wife had likely just
suffered a stroke. She couldn't talk, etc.

Then the lab work came back. Her blood sugar was 30. They gave her
glucose, and she was a new woman! Kept her overnight for observation.

I know what 40 feels like, and I don't ever want to go there again.

Thanks for the clarification, Thelma.

Carol