Questions

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:42:49 GMT, "Michael"
> wrote:

>"Musashi" > wrote in message
>
>"Dan Logcher" > wrote in message
>> Musashi wrote:
>> I believe you do skin anago though. I've caught a few, and took one to a
>> local sushi bar. The kitchen chef prepared it for me two ways, battered

>and
>> fried and grilled.
>>
>> --
>> Dan

>I can't remember if anago is skinned. Certainly on sushi it is, but in
>Tempura
>I am not sure.
>Anyway, where in the world did you catch Anago?
>
>Don't know where Dan got his but we used to catch it off docks on the NC and
>SC coasts. Not brackish water but pure seawater so I assume it was anago.

I have accidentally caught eel in fresh water. Big ones, (3-4 feet in
length). I caught them on a fish hook while fishing for fresh water
bass.

What methods are used to catch them if you are meaning to catch them?
How would I know if they were safe to eat? What are the methods for
cleaning them? I've cleaned rattlesnake and eaten it. Would it be the
same?