Hahabogus

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in
:

> I satisfy my sweet tooth by having plenty of fresh fruit,
> sometimes with a little nonfat plain yogurt.

fruit except rhubarb ain't low carb. Allowed veggies: 1 tomato a day,
bell pepers,green/yellow beans, brocolli, cauliflower, spinach, most
lettuces, raddishes, cucumbers,bean sprouts, most nuts, some squashes
(spaghetti squash), eggs, mushrooms. The harder cheeses, sour cream, most
meats.

set yourdelf up with a allowed list, a restricted use list (carrots,
onions etc...) and a no-no list
(flour(pasta,bread,cake,pastry),rice,corn,potatoes , etc).

Use your BG meter to determine on what list goes what. Most type2
Diabetics have different carb settings...I seem to be ok at about 25-35
carbs per day. Keeps me in the low 5's mmol or high 90's mg/dl.
A BG reading over 7.8 mmol or 140mg/dl indicates permenent damage is
being done to your body so stay well away from that high. There are
several good diabetic newsgroups. Alt.support.diabetes, misc.health
diabetes.

If you have MasterCook Mad's Emphroium has a low carb cookbook.

Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Continuing to be Manitoban