MaryL

"Michael Odom" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:41:59 -0600, "MaryL"
> -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote:
>

> I didn't read your original post closely enough, Mary. The whole
> wheat (and brown rice and buckwheat noodles, etc.) option has worked
> well for D, now I see it isn't right for you. It's my impression,
> however, that SB does not allow any potatoes at all, nor any processed
> starches or added sugars. At least that's how I've been cooking for D
> these last 65 lbs. and more.
>

> modom
>
> "Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
> -- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

Actually, SB does permit potatoes and certain other starches after the first
two weeks, but only in limited quantities. I have chosen to completely
eliminate them because of their effect on my BG (and I am doing very well).
This is the first "diet" I have ever been on that has worked well for me.
All others left me with cravings for sweets, hunger pangs, nervousness, etc.
I haven't had any of those problems with SB (using it since June 6, 2004).
Many diabetics can eat *all* foods and must simply restrict the quantities.
I have found that it is better for me to completely eliminate added sugar,
etc. because I always had such terrible cravings in the past, and I am now
very comfortable with this diet. If I am hungry, I do eat -- but I select
healthier foods, and I really do not feel deprived or resentful at giving up
desserts. I satisfy my sweet tooth by having plenty of fresh fruit,
sometimes with a little nonfat plain yogurt.

MaryL