Ron

In article >, "Dutch" >
wrote:

> "Ron" > wrote in message
> > In article >, "Dutch" >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I thought you said professionals were dupes and we should just be locking
> >> them up and throwing away the key. There's that famous Ron inconsistency
> >> again. Maybe you should attempt to remember what you say on a subject as
> >> reference for next time.

> > A misdirection of attention. We were discussing your views Dutch.

> I explained my views. I do not feel compelled to intervene in a discussion
> engaged in voluntarily between two adults. I find it very odd indeed that
> you would imply that I should when you advocate letting anorexics who plead
> for help starve to death. I see Rudy's assault on SN's views as a possible
> ray of hope for her. You are free to allow her to wallow, but don't presume
> that the rest of us must do so.

Please don't confuse our views. I was addressing your reactions as
compared to your stated position. Based on your response here, I should
be verbally abusive to any anorexic that I meet as means to "help" them.
You seem to suggest above that this is what Rudy is doing for SN.

My view remains as stated, where some expresses behaviour consistent
with a desire to die, I believe that all people should be supported in
what they want.

If you want me to accept your viewpoint that the anorexic has no ability
to control their thoughts, emotions or behaivours then,
institutionalized life until they can demonstrate a cure is certainly a
reasonable response for a society.