Ron

In article >, "Dutch" >
wrote:

> "Ron" > wrote in message
> > In article >, "Dutch" >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> "Ron" > wrote

> >> You appear to have a tendency to scoff at "conventional wisdom" for no
> >> other
> >> reason than it's popular. The reason I say so is that the questions,
> >> conclusions and arguments you present have frequently been clearly
> >> nonsensical. Based on that observation I can't believe that you have
> >> examined "conventional wisdom" critically, so I assume you reject it as
> >> an
> >> exercise in non-conformity, not skepticism.

> > Conventional wisdom is a general term that you applied to those things
> > for which you agree. A feel good proposition, if you ask me.

> It doesn't mean *I* necessarily agree with it, it refers to ideas which are
> widely accepted.

Arguments from popularity.

> > Agreement with X because it is popular amounts to a logical fallacy.

> I know that. Disagreement with X because it is popular also amounts to a
> logical fallacy.

That is either/or thinking -- more of the false dilemma.

You are offering me two choices, agree or believe the information versus
disagree or disbelieve the information. I consider a third option, it is
information that can be believed or disbelieved and still be held as
information.

this goes back week's Dutch. I clearly pointed out to you that I found
many, many of your statement to be black and white, either/or, or false
dilemmas.