Ron

In article >, "Dutch" >
wrote:

> "Ron" > wrote in message
> > In article >, "Dutch" >
> > wrote:

> >> It doesn't mean *I* necessarily agree with it, it refers to ideas which
> >> are
> >> widely accepted.

> > Arguments from popularity.

> >> I know that. Disagreement with X because it is popular also amounts to a
> >> logical fallacy.

> > That is either/or thinking -- more of the false dilemma.

> Wake up Ron!!!! I presented no dilemma.

Of course you did. I just stopped commenting on when it was happening.

> > You are offering me two choices, agree or believe the information versus
> > disagree or disbelieve the information.

> I didn't offer you ANY choices, I stated a fact that you need to get a grip
> on, "Disagreement with X because it is popular amounts to a logical fallacy"

You have consistently presented two choices or two interpretations --
this OR that. A false dilemma.

> > I consider a third option, it is
> > information that can be believed or disbelieved and still be held as
> > information.

> You're wrong, information should not be believed OR disbelieved until you
> assess it for yourself, it should be taken in and held provisionally.

Which is what I've been saying all along -- this includes what you have
loosely termed "conventional wisdom".

> > this goes back week's Dutch. I clearly pointed out to you that I found
> > many, many of your statement to be black and white, either/or, or false
> > dilemmas.

> You're out to lunch.

I can eat a sandwich and recognize it for what it is -- I think my
sanity is very much intact. People with perceptual problems and no
control aren't likely to be able to manage that reality very well.