Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 31 Jan 2005 08:06:02p, igor wrote in rec.food.equipment:

> On 30 Jan 2005 19:55:58 GMT, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>>I posted the following on alt.bread.recipes thinking that bakers would
>>have a perspective on this, but have had no response.
>>
>>I know what a convection oven is. I have two "true convection" ovens,
>>one in my range and an excellent countertop model.
>>
>>I read periodically about "fan-ovens" and "fan-assist" ovens, but I've
>>never seen one for sale in the US.
>>
>>Are these all the same thing, but different names?
>>
>>On my range oven I can choose whether to use convection or not. In a
>>long- ago thread, I remember someone with a fan-oven commenting that
>>they couldn't turn the fan off.
>>

> Who makes the ovens you have?

The range is GE. It has a rear fan with a circular heating element
surrounding it, covered by a shroud. GE makes a variety of models with the
same convection feature.

The countertop model is a Farberware T490C commercial convection oven. It
has a top mounted fan with enclosed heating element around the fan.

Wayne