On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:39:43 +0100, "Ulrike Westphal"
> wrote:

>Of course Dr. Oetker still has the recipes and ebay Germany sells an iron.
>
>http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...9114 770&rd=1
>
>It is a special waffle iron to make the "rolls".
>
>Ulrike from Germany

Ulrike,

I should have known better. I tried contacting the U.S.-based Oetker
offices and they were absolutely clueless. I should have gone directly
to the home office.

I really love the old cookbook, and I've been trying to find a
replacement for it. (The book is my mom's and I'd love a copy for
myself.) The new English books Dr. Oetker is producing don't seem to
come close -- the recipes aren't the same, and the style is entirely
different. Rather than one book with everything in it, now there is a
whole series of books, each with a slightly different focus, and none
with any of my old favourites.

Looking at the iron, I'm surprised to see the pattern. The cookies
pictured in the book are plain, with no grill or grid marks. It looks
much more like the pizzelle iron than I would have thought.

Thanks for the link. Now at least I know what I should be looking for
and that should help a lot.
--Vic