Melba's Jammin'

Default # Cake for Damsel - Cranberry Black Walnut Pound Cake

Haven't made this one, either.

* Exported from MasterCook Mac *

Cranberry Black Walnut Pound Cake

Recipe By : Posted to r.f.cooking by Barb Schaller 1-31-05
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cakes/Cake Desserts

3/4 # unsalted butter
2 Tbsp. grated lemon rind
6 whole eggs
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 cups sifted cake flour
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 # powdered sugar -- sifted
1 cup black walnut pieces -- coarsely chopped
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries -- coarsely chopped
Powdered sugar for dusting

Heat oven to 300 degrees. Lightly butter and flour a 9² tube pan or
Bundt pan; set aside.

Cream the butter and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl; beating until
light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, continuing to beat. Add
the lemon juice and vanilla. Now gently fold in the flour, followed by
the lemon rind, nuts and berries.

Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven about 1-1/2
hours. Test by inserting a toothpick; it should come out clean.

cool cake in the pan on wire rack about 10 minutes, then unmold and
place on a rack to cool thoroughly. Sprinkle with sifted powdered
sugar. Serve at room temperature. Makes 12-16 servings.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per serving (excluding unknown items): 1759 Calories; 35g Fat (18%
calories from fat); 56g Protein; 299g Carbohydrate; 1301mg Cholesterol;
385mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Fat; 19 1/2 Other Carbohydrates

NOTES : Source: Star Tribune Garden Section, 9/21/95. Article by Ann
Burckhardt.

_____
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Winter Carnival ice sculpture pics