orangetrader

Default Diabetic tendency - food?

My doctor told me my blood sugar level is quite high, but I do not have
diabetes, he said he will call it "diabetic tendency" and that I should
avoid eating things with sugar. Orange juice is ok, but sugar drinks
(Snapples, sweet tea, Coke...) is not. Now if I look at the 100% orange
juice cartoon for ingredients, I see sugar listed and it's amount is
comparable to that of a Gatorade or sweetened ice coffee. He said those are
different types of sugar. I am a little confused what is the difference?

I also have high iron content in my blood, so I need to avoid beef, spinach
etc... I also have high cholestrol, and need to avoid fatty food.

With all that, I can't eat anything!