sf

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 23:47:48 GMT,
(Curly Sue) wrote:

> I am looking forward to the day when someone will make mayonnaise for
> me that I like better than Hellman's, to prove that all of the
> testimonials to homemade mayo are true. I haven't been able to do it.
> I haven't had trouble making it: it looks quite nice, doesn't
> separate, etc. etc.

I wouldn't make homemade mayo for everyday purposes... I
usually use far less mayo in a week than a one egg recipe
would produce.

Have you ever made aioli? It's just a kicked up mayo and
well worth making from scratch... but as stated previously,
there is no keeping it over the long haul as you can a
commercial mayo.

> It just doesn't taste good. I've tried different
> oils and other ingredients.

Peanut oil isn't neutral enough for you?

sf