Tony Lew

Default The worst food you´ve ever eaten

(Melissa Houle) wrote in message . com>...
> SNIP
> > > ,---- [ Tom R. Rastell posted: ]

> friends - as a joke.

> > > `----

> That would have to be a Christmas Eve dinner cooked by my father one
> year when I was in High School and both my sister and I were on diets.
> My father served up a "low calorie feast!" with a great flourish. The
> appetizer and the pasta is all I can remember, as my brain has
> mercifully blurred most of the rest of that traumatic meal from my
> head.

Sounds like how one of my sisters cooks.
Her cooking algoritihm is:

1) Omit or substitute for any ingredient that is "bad for you".
Examples, Omit butter. Omit salt. Substitute skim milk for cream.

2) DOuble or triple the amount of any ingredient that is "good for you".
Example: Garlic.

3) Add other ingredients that are "good for you" even if the recipe does
not call for it (e.g. spinach).

She once borrowed one of my Italian cookbooks and "cooked" one of the
dishes from it. She made so many "healthy" omissions, substitutions and
additions I couldn't tell which recipe it was supposed to be.
And there was the time she added several cloves of raw garlic to a pot
of mashed potatoes and called it "garlic mashed potatoes".