Dan Logcher

> I bought another pack of it a few days ago. Let it soak in
> some sake for a day or so, wrapped in plastic wrap and steamed
> for about 40 min. Didn't stink up the house this time - and
> the plastic wrap lets it keep a nice shape. The pot still
> got kind of stinky, but that's okay.

You wrapped in plastic then foil, right? Yeah, it stank the pot
a bit, but if you don't lift the cover much, it ok. I was talking
to one of the itamaes at Sushi Island and he said he boils it for
an hour. Kind of surprised me.. but they have really good ankimo.

> It was about $4 worth, also, and after steaming, worked out
> to about two appetizer-sized servings in ponzu sauce.

Yeah, that $4 pack is about two good servings.

> I wonder how long it'd be good for once steamed - a couple of
> days? Hard to guess. It was gone pretty quickly...

It doesn't last all that long. I still had a bit left in the fridge
for a week and tossed it out.

--
Dan