kuri

"HeadHunter" > wrote in message

> 2) Weight loss and diet. I am not looking for a tea to lose weight
> with. Last year I lost 25 lbs by adjusting my diet and dinner plate sizes
> without increasing exercise.

Well, it's never bad to increase very slightly exercise, especially during
the transition period. Walking often does wonders.

>I simply would like a hot beverage that
> requires no sweetener and will provide little energy. I don't want

another
> liquid in my diet that has the potential to "add weight"

All the herb teas can be had without adding sweetener. You can get used to
it very quickly, but if you had the habit of over-sweet soft drinks, maybe
you could start with fruit tisanes (like the German red berry ones).

> 3) A tea that has little or no tannins and caffeine.

Roasted tea ( like Japanese Houji cha) have a reduced cafeine level, even
children can have them.

> I would be drinking my tea at night in front of my computer while I am
> trying to get my work done. That said I am very active in the that for I
> am on my feet 9 hours a day. At night I am behind the computer for 4 or 5
> hours and this is the time I would drink the tea. I wouldn't want
> sleeplessness to be a side affect of a herbal tea BUT I would love

alertness
> from a tea it that is possible.

After dinner, I drink :
tisanes (orange tree, chamomille, linden, etc)
fruit tisanes
cereal decoction (mugi cha, sobacha)
rooibos (African red not-a-tea)
roasted tea
lemonade (lemon juice + water)
fresh herb water (water + my herb garden plants let together a few hours in
the fridge)
yuzu cha (citrus jam + hot water, that has calories, but the day you have
that, don't get a dessert)
water
*(secret)

None of that makes me sleep. Doing a little break gives you energy, no
matter what you drink. You can also add a few
yoga/strectching/relaxation/massage minutes to your break as for computer
work, the tireness comes easily in the shoulder, neck, eyes.

*(any tea I feel like and even very strong coffee, the truth is I don't like
sleeping at night...)

Kuri (night bird)