HeadHunter

Default herbal tea noob needs guidance....

Hi there. I'm 29 year old male who wants to start drinking herbal tea for
a few reasons:

1) I quit smoking cigarettes. I was a pack a day smoker for 5 years.
Although I do not miss the action of smoking I do miss the habit of a
comforting break.

2) Weight loss and diet. I am not looking for a tea to lose weight
with. Last year I lost 25 lbs by adjusting my diet and dinner plate sizes
without increasing exercise. I simply would like a hot beverage that
requires no sweetener and will provide little energy. I don't want another
liquid in my diet that has the potential to "add weight"

3) A tea that has little or no tannins and caffeine. I drink too much
coffee in the morning and although I can now drink coffee without sugar or
sweetener dunno how to do without the caffeine. because my coffee
consumption has gone up since I quit smoking (and the elimination of sugar
as well) body is adjusting to new chemistry from new dangers.

I would be drinking my tea at night in front of my computer while I am
trying to get my work done. That said I am very active in the that for I
am on my feet 9 hours a day. At night I am behind the computer for 4 or 5
hours and this is the time I would drink the tea. I wouldn't want
sleeplessness to be a side affect of a herbal tea BUT I would love alertness
from a tea it that is possible.

I have Experimented with peppermint tea and I like the taste I would
preferred the real herb in the tea and not a "flavoured" tea.

Where on the www can I get honest and detailed information about herbal tea
adn it's constituents? Any FAQ's to look for? Any warnings to issue?

HeadHunter