Vox Humana

Default Alternate Foodsaver Bags - Beware!

Earlier this month I found a message touting inexpensive bags for the Food
Save and other vacuum sealing systems. Here is a link to the message:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...5d122d7115c868

I check the website for Davidson's Bucher Supply and found that 50 bag (8
x12) were only $10.40 so I though I would give them a try. Shipping was
listed as $2.50. Upon check-out, I got a confirmation that my credit card
would be charged a total of $12.90. I saved a copy of the page for
reference.

Today, fifteen days later the bags arrived. I opened them and tried one out
but putting an empty soda can in and sealing with my Seal-a-Meal. It worked
fine, but lost the vacuum after about 20 minutes. I tried again, and so
far, so good.

The major problem I had is that when I checked the invoice, they charged
$8.20, not $2.50 for shipping! I sent them an email, and they promptly
called me. I expected an apology and offer to promptly fix the problem.
Instead, I got a lengthy excuse about how they couldn't have shipped the
product for that amount. Also, they told me that they don't process their
own credit card orders and a lot of other BS about problems with the UPS
system the calculates their costs. I was told to look at the "agreement" I
checked when I ordered the product. I went back and found this"

"shopping cart "does not" process your credit card immediately. Your order
is put into a "secure server" for review. Any necessary changes will be
made to your order prior to your credit card being charged. (For example if
the item you are purchasing shows "Free Shipping" and a shipping charge
shows up in the shopping cart, don't be concerned because when we review
your order the shipping charges will be removed.)"

From reading this agreement, I don't see anything that says I have agreed to
an arbitrary cost for shipping.

The bottom line is, that I wouldn't do business with these people as you
won't know how much the shipping will be until you receive the order. The p
erson I talked with was quite argumentative, although he said that he would
give me "a discount" on a future order. I told him that I wouldn't do
business with them again because I would be afraid of the shipping charge.

Just a "heads up" to anyone who was tempted to do business with Davidson's
Butcher Supply.