Top Spin

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 01:25:39 GMT, "Pete Lodd" > wrote:

>Hi ALL,
>
>We bought a panasonic breadmaker (SD-252) recently. It is not as fool-proof
>as we expected. So far we still have not got the hang.

It's really hard to make things fool proof. Fools can be maddeningly
clever at defeating fool proof designs.

>The bread did not
>rise or baked properly, and some flour was still at the edges. We followed
>all the instructions and used recommended ingredients. Anyone has experience
>of using this machine and what are the tricks we have missed. I am sure the
>machine is working as normal.

I know nothing about the Panasonic model, but I have used a Zojirushi
and I now have an old Hitachi. They are not perfect, of course, but
they do work pretty well. I'd just keep trying.

If you want more detailed help, you will need to post the recipe and
that went wrong.

If you are trying to make whole wheat bread, it won't rise as much as
white flour. You can add a little vital gluten, but be careful. Only
add a little (1/2 tsp at first) or you may find it rising therough the
lid.

--
Hitachi HB-A101 bread machine, 1 pound
Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com