Steve Jackson

"dgs" > wrote in message

> Be prepared to be even happier, then. A distributor of imported beers
> let me have a look in their book about a month and a half ago, and on
> the list was Girardin Guezue. Black label, too. *sproing!* Reminds
> me to go bug the guys at the best beer shop in town. Maybe in a couple
> of weeks.

I'm going to have the bug the buyer at Hi-Time. Girardin ranks as one of the
most amazing beers I've had in my life, no question.

> Drie Fonteinen has been in some U.S. markets for a while, but with
> typically sporadic distribution and availability. My local managed
> to lay in a stash of the 1999 and 2000 gueuzes.

You know, now that you mention it, I think I have managed to latch onto it
once before, probably from Sam's when I was still living in Chicago and
before their beer selection started to slide.

> They also cornered a
> stash of some Oud Beersel Kriek and Gueuze. (I like my local. A lot.)

Hi-Time' always had both of those. Still might be a few bottles left,
actually.

> Good on you that you can get some reasonably nearby (by LA standards,
> anyway).

Shit, Costa Mesa's 15 miles from my door. In LA, that's down the block.

-Steve