kuri

"Tea" > wrote in message

> My sweetie bought me a Stash Tea Matcha set for the holidays. It includes

> bag of matcha and a caddy, a matcha tea spoon, a whisk, and a large cup.
> Altogether a nice set. My one problem with it- no instructions. There's

> vague write up on the tea ceremony that is partially incorrect (while the
> meal that goes with it

It's not a meal but a small sweet that "goes with it". I have never been
macha served without a sweet, but that can be nearly anything you like, even
just a dry fruit.

> and doesn't
> explain how much tea needs to be used for a proper cup.

You said you had a measuring spoon in the set. You should use it and put a
little more or less according to your taste. Roughly I'd say the bowl is
filled with one 5th of water. In Winter, rinse the bowl to warm it, or your
drink will be cold before you finish whisking.
(disclaimer : that's just what I do to casually enjoy that tea, not the "cha
no yu" manner)

Kuri