PENMART01

>"Nancy Young" writes:
>
>"The Joneses" wrote:
>
>> I remember seeing a food history show recently. We all think of tomatoes
>> as a
>> basis for "authentic" Italian cooking, but the tomato didn't make it
>> across the
>> big pond until after Colombus. Course it's been over 400 years ...

>I sure don't think that. Just because red sauce italian restaurants abound
>doesn't
>mean we think it's authentic Eyetalian qzeen. Tomatoes are from the
>Americas.

And aside from that, 'talian cooze-ine is highly regional, with the majority
subscribing to white, not red.

Also, many cooze-ines have independantly developed the noodle in some form,
from some grain, long, long before the 'talians... the 'talians are credited
with the *extruded* noodle, ergo so many configurations, literally hundreds,
and then only relatively recently... before then there wasn't even spaghetti,
only flat/cut noodles like everyone elses. Keep in mind, the corn tortilla is
a noodle too.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon