Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

(Please NOTE: My correct e-mail address is in my Signature) On 21 Jan
2005 19:03:20 GMT, during the rec.food.baking Community News Flash
Wayne Boatwright > reported:

>On Fri 21 Jan 2005 04:43:28a, Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady tittered
>and giggled, and giggled and tittered, and finally blurted out...
>
>> (Please NOTE: My correct e-mail address is in my Signature) On 20 Jan
>> 2005 04:35:38 GMT, during the rec.food.baking Community News Flash
>> Wayne Boatwright > reported:
>>
>>>Does anyone have a good yellow cake recipe made with oil instead of solid
>>>shortening or butter? I am not looking for a chiffon cake.
>>>
>>>I'd like to eliminate hydrogenated fat and trans fat.
>>>

>> I have an orange cake recipe that might fit the bill.
>>
>> 3 cups flour
>> 3/4 cup sugar
>> 3 tsp baking powder
>> Put all into a large bowl and mix
>>
>> 3/4 cups oil
>> 3/4 cups orange juice
>> 3 eggs
>> Vanilla or other extracts to taste
>> Mix separately and add to the dry mixture until just blended.
>>
>> Simple as that. You can substitute milk for the juice but then I'd
>> add more sugar. Or you can substitute apple juice as well, for a less
>> tart taste.

>Thank you, Davida! This sounds perfect! I'm going to bake it tomorrow.

By the way, this is a fool proof cake. The original recipe was 1/3
smaller than this, but I find this is just the right size. I've also
doubled this above amount with great success. And even if you over
bake this cake, the inside will still come out moist and delicious.

The original recipe calls for making a dark brown sugar, margarine and
cinnamon crumble to place inside it an top it with. I've made the
crumble with oil and its worked out fine. If you're interested, I'll
post that too.

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il>