Edward Alfert

"Julie Bove" > wrote in
news:fuwHd.2184$Hg6.542@trnddc09:

> "Edward Alfert" > wrote in message
> . 4...
>> I've been lurking in this newsgroup for a while now (and read
>> archived posts) in researching the home food preservation market for
>> a possible online business venture for a company that currently only
>> sells to the local.
>>
>> I have done searches in search engines and found many online stores
>> providing products for this market. But I'm not interested in
>> knowing who the online competition is according to search engines.
>>
>> I'm interested in knowing:
>> (1) Do y'all buy from online stores or from your local stores?
>> (2) If you do not buy from online stores, why not?
>> (2a) Product costs the same or lower in local stores?
>> (2b) Shipping cost making online purchases too costly?
>> (2c) Not wanting to wait the time it takes to receive product after
>> an online purchase?
>> (2d) Other reason(s)?
>> (3) If you do buy online, what websites do you buy from?
>>
>> Thank you for your time and honest answers.

> I bought my canner online. Only reason being, that by the time I
> needed one, I couldn't find any in the local stores. Am considering
> buying some regular lids for my canning jars so I can store popcorn.
> If I can't find these in the local store, I will buy online. I buy
> things in a variety of places. Shipping cost is not usually a concern
> unless it's really high. Many of the places I buy from online offer
> free shipping. Of course, certain restrictions may apply.

Thanks Julie for the response. I interpret from your response that you
prefer to buy offline and only purchase online when what you are looking
for is not available locally. Good info to know.

Thanks also for letting me know that shipping costs are not normally a
concern. It is still being debated, but free shipping would most likely
only be offered to orders over a certain amount (what that magic number
is is also being debated). For smaller orders, shipping cost would be
actual shipping costs with maybe a small handling fee of maybe $1
(again, still being debated).

Thanks again Julie for the response.

--
Edward Alfert