Hunt

In article >, says

>Hunt wrote:
>> Well, it was supposed to be a welcome to Arizona party for Mark Lipton,
>> however he and his family were unavoidably detained in Tucson, so we had to
>> fill the places with some winos, who can be ready at the drop of a hat.

>And I can assure you that no one was more unhappy at that turn of events
>than I and my dear spouse. After reading your dinner notes, I am
>suicidally despondent. For the record, the '98 Belle 'Cuveé Louis
>Belle' Crozes-Hermitage that I had brought for the duck tamale course
>proved to be lighter and more aytpical than I recalled, so perhaps I
>avoided some embarassment by having my car break down on I-10 that
>day... Your generosity and hospitality will not soon be forgotten,
>however, nor will your most excellent restaurant recommendations, Hunt.
>
>Mark Lipton

Mark,

Do not fear. We will make this happen, hopefully sooner, rather than later. As
for the Crozes, I think it would have gone just as nicely, and, if not, there
are always backups. Besides, it was your (plural) presence that we were most
looking forward to. The food and wine were to be second on the list of
important matters. A safe trip was at the very top of that list.

It might have been a good thing that you had to miss the dinner, as one of the
guests is the VP of Philanthropy for a major hospital here, and would probably
have convinced you that her's was a more worthy institution to which you
should donate, than Purdue's!!!!!! :-} Anyway, we are so sorry that we missed
you on this occasion, and hope to be able to extend the invitation on your
return, or at another opportunity.

Good luck on the Internet connection,
Hunt