Scented Nectar

> > Wrong. Eating is a need.
>
> No, it's a want. You can't possibly come up with an
> operationally rigorous test to distinguish between
> "needs" and "wants". There is none.

I think having it's alternative causing death is
a good reason to call something a need.

> Bullshit. "Health" is not the reason you want to
> reduce animal CDs. Cut the bullshit.

For health reasons I'm vegetarian (gradually
becoming vegan). It just so happens that
the animals benefit from this too. I want to
reduce animal deaths, but I don't need to.
The veg diet is good for both health and
animals.

> >>You always have the choice of growing all your own, or
> >>dying.

> > Be realistic.

> I am. You have a choice TODAY.

Did you know that in some places it's against
the law to talk someone into suicide? To
suggest death as an option is just stupid.

> > I'm not responsible when there's no choice involved.

> 1. You are ALWAYS responsible for the choices AND
> THEIR OUTCOMES
> that YOU make.

Not when there's no choice.

> 2. There is a choice

You think death is a valid choice here. You're wrong.

> It is absolute. You don't believe it's "kinda" or
> "sorta" or "a little bit" wrong; you believe it's
> wrong, period, to kill animals (except in self
> defense.) THEREFORE, you cannot explain why you still
> cause some to die.

I believe it's mostly wrong. I'm not in any position
to stop the cds although I wish I could. Where
does 'mostly wrong' fit into your definition.

> >>You're lying about the leather.

> > You wish

> I know.

Then you're stalking the wrong person!

> > Having no choice

> You always have choice. You do not "need" to buy
> commercially produced food, ever.

Please give me a vegan diet for one day that
follows the above, as an example.

> No: "It doesn't matter what one ethically believes."
> That's the quote. What a doozy!

But it doesn't. The world still spins. The markets
still are not veganic. It doesn't matter what one
ethically believes, those facts remain currently.

> > Karen says "Oh my god, I am NOT skanky!"

> She's a saknk.

Well, she'll be glad to know she's a saknk, and not
a skank.

> > True needs are things like air, water, food, shelter,
> > etc.

> No, those are wants. They are operationally
> indistinguishable from things like movie tickets, golf
> clubs, hookers, and video games.

They are very distinguishable by looking at what
ones one can live without. The true needs are
required for life to continue. Your list of wants
are not essential.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/