Jefferson

Hi Bob:
> Alan wrote:
>
>>However, you should listen most carefully to the type 1s here
>>for advice of this type, not the type 2s like us.

> Good advice.
> In fact, let me take this a bit further:
> DM1 & DM2 are - in many ways - two very different diseases, and to
> informally discuss topics relevant to BOTH diseases can be overwhelming
> and confusing, especially when you are a nebie.
> So why not split mhd into two groups?

Some of the best advice that is directed at type 2s on this group is
by Old Al. He was initially diagnosed as a type 2 but was a LADA and
eventually classified as a type 1.

There are probably many different kinds of type 2s. Different
combinations of genes may promote type 2 susceptibility. I suppose
there would be a need to subdivide type 2s by their genetic makeup.
There are even gender differences when it comes to type 2s.

Frank