Lorri

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 21:35:52 GMT, "<<<<SquidLips>>>>>"
> wrote:

> I picked up a soyajoy soymilk maker about a year ago, and it's
>really easy to use. [...]
> My problem has been that the soymilk just does not taste all that
>great to me. Maybe I'm spoiled on commercial soymilk like silk, but I
>just cannot get a taste that I like. [...]

Try replacing a couple of tablespoons of soybeans with short grain
brown rice . Soak along with the soybeans. The addition of the rice
adds a creamier, thicker texture. Like you I used commercial soymilk
for years then bought a soyajoy, which I enjoy using very much.
I have also heard some replace a few tablespoons with barley for a
similar affect though slightly different flavor. I haven't tried it
though as I am happy with the brown rice addition. Warning though...it
makes the filter slightly harder to clean, a bit sticky , but not
impossible.
Hope this helps

Lorri

[excess quoting snipped by moderator]