Default How to make Soymilk taste better?

I picked up a soyajoy soymilk maker about a year ago, and it's
really easy to use. I just soak the beans through the day or
overnight, then drop them in the basket, put water in, turn it on and
in 15 minutes or so, I have soymilk.
My problem has been that the soymilk just does not taste all that
great to me. Maybe I'm spoiled on commercial soymilk like silk, but I
just cannot get a taste that I like. I've tried boiling beans with
baking soda, made sure it was cooled before refrigerating, filtered
with a gold coffee filter, used vanilla, natural sweeteners....anyway,
it feels like I've tried everything, and nothing seems to make what
I consider good tasting soymilk. Any suggestions?

Kal
San Diego