Richard

"Samartha" > wrote in message
news:mailman.1106017091.19871.rec.food.sourdough@w ww.mountainbitwarrior.com.

> The way out of it (posted several times before) is to split it up and go
> both ways:
>
> a - it is oversoured and needs to be thinned - 1 : 10 old to addition,
> teaspoon to 1/2 cup and if it still gets noticeable sour within 24 hours,
> do the same thing again with a feeding in between.
>
> b - it is too weak to show activity - keep on feeding on a regular basis,
> every 12 hours - reduce to 1/2, then double.

So I tried both ways
The House is cooler today, 68-70.

(a) Seems to have some bubbles and is rising up. Not much sour smell. Has
more of the pasty smell like when I first started it. I wonder how close
this is to Carl's.

(b) Is doing nothing at this time so I'm still working with it.

My guess is that it worked faster than I kept up with it?
So now my goal will be to get it to the point where I can dry some for the
future and then make some breadsticks and sourdough pancakes.

All the reading I've done makes this sound like rocket science. I have to
wonder how the Klondikers and Oregon Trailers ever make out.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Richard