Mike Petro

Jim, you cantankerous dogmatist=E2=80=A6.

Your implication that nobody else in the world might use the word
"Rosetta" to personify translations is totally irrational. Are really
so vane that you think you are the only one in the world who could come
up with such an association? Are really so vane to think a =E2=80=9Ctea
translation cheat sheet=E2=80=9D is not obvious to anyone but you? I guess
Lew=E2=80=99s work was really your idea too? I titled my page "The Puerh (=
=E6=99=AE
=E6=B4=B1 =E8=8C=B6) Rosetta Page=E2=80=9D (not Stone) http://www.pu-erh.ne=
t/rosetta.html
simply because it fit. The whole idea actually started when I decided
to publish my =E2=80=9Cpuerh cheat sheet=E2=80=9D that I had maintained for=
years
for the occasions when I traveled to the city and would visit the
Vietnamese markets who stocked some puerh. I am well aware of the
history and of the VERY commonplace use of the term =E2=80=9CRosetta Stone=
=E2=80=9D
to represent translation epiphanies and that=E2=80=99s exactly what came to
mind when I decided to share my notes. It had nothing to do with you or
your posts. Trust me when I say that I want nothing to do with you or
your Space Cadet ideals. Our concepts were very different anyway, my
concept was to share translations with the world; I never saw anything
resembling that from you. You just talked about deciphering a can that
someone else printed. I suppose you also claim a copyright on the use
of the term =E2=80=9Ccheat sheet=E2=80=9D in relation to tea, it=E2=80=99s =
not any
different than =E2=80=9CRosetta=E2=80=9D, even though I have been using bot=
h terms
much longer than I have known of your belligerent prose. I have a
notebook full of Cheat Sheets for different things including tea. Even
if you did mention it back in 95, which appears to be questionable,
that doesn=E2=80=99t mean I read it, I didn=E2=80=99t even participate in R=
FDT back
then! Do you really expect me to search the archives for all of your
babble before I work on my own research?

You want to insist that I change the features of my site to suite your
twisted idea of a =E2=80=9CStandard=E2=80=9D where no standard really even =
exists.
My site is unique, heck I =E2=80=9Cset the standard=E2=80=9D for puerh info=
rmation
in English! I even got compliments from some of the exact same Chinese
factories that make puerh!

You know I always thought that those other people who you ran off were
weak. I now realize that they weren=E2=80=99t weak, they just got tired of
listening to your crap and came to the conclusion that it(you) just
wasn=E2=80=99t worth it. You have been nothing short of hateful towards me
since the beginning. Your first attack on me appeared to be out of some
sort of URL phobia where you claimed any and all URLs were trespassing
and didn=E2=80=99t belong in this newsgroup, you have since posted many URLs
yourself, and yet you call me a hypocrite? Who in the world am I
hurting by sharing this information? Nobody is asking you buy anything,
or donate anything, or to even look at my website, though my logs show
that you are!

I asked you before if you would shut your mouth if I changed the name,
you chose not to answer so I will take it as a =E2=80=9CNo=E2=80=9D. There=
fore I
have nothing more to say on the subject. Besides, I keep forgetting the
cardinal rule of the Usenet =E2=80=9CDON=E2=80=99T FEED THE TROLLS=E2=80=9D!
I now respectfully bow out of this thread=E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6