crymad

Space Cowboy wrote:
> Locally it is easier for me to get good puerh than a Japanese
> green. We have a well established Japanese community with
> commercial enterprise. As I stated before you have to be in a
> store when matcha arrives because it will unstock that
> quickly. So my question for those who should know is there
> any commercial shelf brand you would recommend as being much
> better than average. I might be able to find it here but I
> gave up because I was disappointed at what was available
> commercially. AFAIK the really good stuff doesn't leave the
> country. My local tea shoppe has a limited selection of
> Japanese tea bancha,sencha,matcha but I don't think they are
> benchmarks.

Commercial brand out of Japan? Instead of searching by brand,
it's probably easier to just search for price. You might as well
give up on penny/gram teas you're always so rapturously
discovering in groceries devoted to other lands. Just go into a
Japanese grocery and buy anything that's at least $10/100g. You
might get lucky.

--crymad